Deadline: 6 July 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance and Administration Assistant will provide a range of operational/administrative and payroll support services to the unit ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to Payroll.
- Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes.
- Support to the day to day payroll transactions.
- Create receipts and initiate payments in UNOPS ERP System.
- Process payments relating to salaries in UNOPS ERP System.
- Check that payment to Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) holder is in compliance with vendor profile and the terms and conditions of the ICA agreement.
- Accurate payroll data resulting in reduction of recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments.
- Timely and accurate determination and processing of payments.
- Audit checks and balances for due diligence and financial accountability within the Financial Rules and Regulations of UNOPS.
- Full compliance of contract administration processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to contract administration.
- Gather and compile data and identify/adjust to discrepancies, as applicable Monitoring and tracking of transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects personnel on Payroll.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma required.
- BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- 3 years of experience in supporting a payroll, accounting and/or HR administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.