Deadline: 11 April 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Review and reconcile various clearing accounts to ensure appropriate balances, and investigate erroneous/invalid entries and take appropriate corrective accounting action.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary School education and post-secondary certificate in the related functional area (finance & accounting) is desirable.
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related fields would be desirable.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in finance and accounting work including at least 2 year’s in the field of administrative services or others related field.
- Auditing work experience would be desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle and other ERP software.
- Experience within the UN system in finance, accounting, and budget.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Thai.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.