Deadline: 5 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Assistant will support portfolio/project management through the provision of financial services at the Bangkok Hub by ensuring high quality and responsive service to clients.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports, payment execution.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of the proper and complete filing system for financial records and documents.
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
- Follow-up with clients and other United Nations agencies for information relating to payments.
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects personnel on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required.
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in relevant discipline (accounting, finance, business administration) may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Specialized training in finance desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level is required.
- Experience in ERP and/or accounting packages (e.g. ATLAS, one UNOPS, etc) is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions), including usage of spreadsheets, is required.
- Experience working in the United Nations system an asset.
- Knowledge of UN financial and administrative rules and regulations an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN working language desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.