Deadline: 22 August 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR Assistant-Staff Administration in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR Assistant-Staff Administration will perform the following functions:
- Support efficient administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements for UN staff, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring and tracking of transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus.
- Drafting of appointment and separation letters, outlining terms and conditions of the contractual event. Briefing to personnel on the conditions of service related to contracts.
- Support implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN and UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Reference to internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Support implementation of HR services:
- Review of Terms of Reference or Job Descriptions, consulting with Requesting Officer regarding any discrepancies between its content and the recommended level of remuneration;
- Review of public materials describing unit services and activities;
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings within the unit.
- Contributions to knowledge sharing within the unit.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- High school diploma required. Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR an asset.
- BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- 5 years progressive experience in supporting a human resource management area.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (e.g., MS Office).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Fluency in another UN language (e.g. Spanish or French) desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.