Deadline: 18 December 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Management and Programme Support Analyst, Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Management and Programme Support Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Ensure sound oversight management of the Environmental Finance Unit GEF/GCF/AF portfolio under COs by providing efficient and effective implementation oversight and support
- Efficient management of key financial and operational milestones from CEO/donor approvals to financial closures of EF funded projects and cost sharing projects.
- Conduct portfolio analysis (project level, CO level and regional level), identify exceptions and implementation issues, and recommend solutions.
- Conduct delivery related analysis, and provide periodic delivery reports to team leads, andto Regional Team Leader as needed.
- Review Regional Technical Advisor (RTA)-cleared Annual Work Plans (AWPs) (incl. Multi-year Budget), compare to Atlas KK budgets, verify cumulative expenditure status and project budget balance etc. before approval by MPSU team lead.
- Assist MPSU team lead in monitoring threshold for disbursements for cash-controlled projects and prepare disbursement requests to HQ for approval.
- Assist and backup MPSU team lead in reviewing the proposals, project documents, initiation plans, etc. for financial review for submission to donors and before issuing delegation of authority to country offices.
- Ensure exceptions are reviewed periodically and ensure country offices are taken corrective actions
- Periodical review of expenditure accounts with exception accounts which are not acceptable to vertical fund donors.
- Upon identification usage of these accounts, notify country offices for corrective actions within stipulated period.
- Review expenditures against project budgets, including but not limited to project management cost and UNDP support services in the projects, alerting the team lead, and follow up with COs on any non-compliance of spending, budgeting for CO’s attention, and for their actions in resolving relevant issues.
- Monitor deviations in expenditures from the approved budgets and request country office for actions.
- Assist and backup MPSU team lead in review of financial reports to GCF/GEF/AF and other donors after ensuring expenditures are in line with the Project Documents and donor agreement, and after ensuring corrective actions are taken on exceptions, deviations, etc.
- Review Budgets in Atlas, and review budget dialogues in PIMS+.
- Efficient management of key MPSU financial milestones from CEO/donor approvals to financial closures of GEF funded projects and cost sharing projects.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in business administration, public administration, finance, economics, accounting or closely related field.
- Completion of recognized certification program on project management, accounting, and/or procurement is an asset.
- 2 year’s of progressive experience at the national or international level in project management and/or managing operational areas focusing on program support and/or budget management, accounting, resource management, and auditing.
- Experience in handling an ERP system.
- Knowledge UNDP policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of computer literacy, proven experience using Excel and/or Power BI for data analysis.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Thai.
- Fluency in or working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.