Deadline: 8 October 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Payroll Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Payroll Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support in administrative and payroll related tasks, including following responsibilities
- Perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to Payroll.
- Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes.
- Support to the day to day payroll transactions.
- Create receipts and initiate payments in UNOPS ERP System.
- Process payments relating to salaries in UNOPS ERP System.
- Support in producing various payroll reports and queries focusing on the following results
- Accurate payroll data resulting in reduction of recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments.
- Timely and accurate determination and processing of payments.
- Audit checks and balances for due diligence and financial accountability within the Financial Rules and Regulations of UNOPS.
- Maximize the use of technology to keep the client informed of their payroll elements and changes thereto.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- BA or MA Degree may substitute required year’s of work experience.
- 3 year’s experience in supporting a payroll, accounting and/or HR administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.