Deadline: 14 December 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy and Advocacy Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 10.5 months .
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Policy and Advocacy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide overall technical support for activities of the project related to advocacy, outreach and communications linked to the policy and institutional outcomes of the RSCA programme.
- Support the programme manager in ensuring appropriate visibility and advocacy of the project in line with ILO and donor requirements by developing and implementing advocacy and communication strategy.
- Include but not limited to strategy to improve reach and engagement of the project’s social media and planning and execution of online campaign.
- Provide support in areas related to consolidation of policy outcomes and institutionalization of the outcomes of the programme in communication and agreement with ILO constituents.
- Organize, coordinate and provide technical and logistical supports to seminars, workshops and technical meetings hosted or co-hosted by the project.
- Develop innovative knowledge products to present findings, case studies and best practices from research conducted by the project both for influencing stakeholders and for informing the general public.
- Create and maintain relationship with media at national and regional level to develop partnership for the project’s exposure.
- Draft internal and external documents to facilitate the implementation of activities including, but not limited to terms of reference, scripts, concept notes, briefs, invitations, presentations.
- Provide inputs into briefs, periodical reports and statistical data on status of policy outcomes of the programme.
- Provide support to the programme manager in liaising with other UN agencies, international organisations and other relevant external partners as assigned to maintain relationship, ensure policy coherence and develop collaborations.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in international relations, international law, development studies, business management, history, communications, social sciences, economics or other relevant discipline, or its equivalent.
- 2 to 3 year’s of relevant professional experience in the field of communications, Responsible Business Conduct, CSR public communications, labour standards, private sector development or another related field.
- Knowledge and experience of working with ILO, multilateral international organisations, UN, civil society organisations, government institutions and/or private sector.
- Experience in interacting with government institutions and the private sector is an asset.
- Excellent writing skills including an ability to nuance and adapt messages to culturally diverse audiences.
- Advanced working knowledge of relevant computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skills in advocacy and/or communication activities.
- Knowledge in the field of corporate social responsibility, responsible business conduct, and/or business and human rights.
- Good analytical skills, creativity and own initiative.
- Ability to develop training materials and facilitate training.
- Ability to carry out assignments in accordance with instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Excellent command of English (Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, and or Myanmar Language would be an advantage).
- Knowledge of an additional UN official language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.