Deadline: 26 April 2021
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Banking Specialist, Financial Institutions Group in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Banking Specialist, Financial Institutions Group will perform the following functions:
- Implement regional industry strategy and delivery of business targets and development outcomes mainly through participation in appraisals, including but not limited to loan portfolio reviews.
- Provide assistance in developing a sound regional industry strategy and identify resource needs for FIG in the Region.
- Support business development for both Investment and Advisory services in the Region.
- Support the regional Portfolio Manager to ensure high quality, performance and compliance of portfolio in the region.
- Disseminate IFC’s Industry lessons and experience in the region, contribute to the global knowledge bank for Industry and share experience through design and delivery of internal formal and informal learning.
- Ensure quality control of work performed by investment officers, consultants and other team members in the course of appraisals.
- Collaborate with Credit and Risk to identify and manage industry risks.
- Mentor and develop junior staff in the region.
- Primary reporting to Chief Banking Specialist in FIG.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in finance or business.
- Minimum 20 year’s relevant operational private sector banking experience in a variety of Asian countries.
- Substantial banking experience at senior management level including decision-making responsibility and influence over the results of the entity.
- Experience and expertise to include but not limited to Consumer Banking and SME, Credit and risk management, Asset/Liabilities management, Working knowledge and analytical skills in financial analysis.
- Ability to represent IFC externally and to develop and manage relationships with clients, government, media, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Strong sense of service to clients and demonstrated private sector business development aptitude.
- Proven success in developing client relationships and executing quality investments.
- Ability to work in the matrix as an integral part of the Regional and Industry Department, and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives.
- Ability to collaborate closely with World Bank and other financing institutions and banks Good ‘deal sense’ based on demonstrated strong analytical skills and sound business judgment.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and challenge the status quo in order to build the business.
- Excellent people management skills and openness to feedback new ideas and ability to guide staff to solutions to problems.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Recognized as a team player and leader, ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Highest standards of ethical integrity, transparency.
- Fluency in English and Ability to speak Spanish and French would be a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.