Deadline: 16 May2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Thailand
- Analyze country context and identify key opportunities and partners to advance the programme planning and implementation focusing on inclusive governance and women, peace and security.
- Provide substantive inputs to a detailed country-level work plan development and implementation in line with the approved programme document in close consultation with the Country Programme Coordinator to ensure that it is aligned with the overall direction of the Regional Programme as well as UN Women’s strategic priorities at the country level.
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the Thailand Programme with focus on inclusive governance and women, peace and security
- Provide technical inputs to policy papers and policy recommendations focusing on inclusive governance and women, peace and security.
- Lead the implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Programmes and other assigned programme activities.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities focusing on but not limiting to inclusive governance and women, peace and security.
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Thailand programme.
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the Thailand Programme
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary.
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports.
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases.
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to Thailand focusing on but not limiting to inclusive governance and women, peace and security.
- Coordinate advocacy strategies and supports relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners and their implementation.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in international relations, social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-level University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- At least 2 year’s progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in promoting gender equality and/or inclusive governance.
- Experience in applying the Results-based Management (RBM) principles and approaches in programme planning, monitoring/reporting and implementation.
- Experience in working in the thematic areas of women, peace and security, women economic empowerment or ending violence against women.
- Experience in promoting social cohesion in local communities preferred and coordinating and liaising with government agencies, civil society organizations and donors is an asset.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an advantage.
- Knowledge on National Action Plan on Women’s Peace and Security and UNSRC 1325 is an advantage.
- Knowledge on Thailand’s national priorities and legislations is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.