Deadline: 17 February 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support management and implementation of project activities focusing on achievement of the following results
- Provide programme and administrative support to the team in the preparation of various documents such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines and other material as required.
- Assist in coordinating poject planned events.
- Support the team in providing guidance to the country and project offices on routine implementation of the project, tracking use of financial resources.
- Support Project Managers for data collection on project activity.
- Participate in the relevant Monitoring and Evaluation Focal Point meetings and inform and update the project team for further actions required.
- Provide effective support to procurement and programme/project financial monitoring and management of the Regional Programme/s focusing on the achievement of the following results
- Create and manage the projects in UNDP’s ERP system (ATLAS), prepares budget check and revisions, revises project award and project status, create requisitions, determines unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Process donor contributions through Revenue Management portal – Document Management System (DMS) in coordination with Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) for Account Receiveable (AR) to apply revenue into project account.
- Coordinate with GSSU in relation to creation/update and approval of all types of payment vouchers and complete payment release processes including filing.
- Provide budget code (COA) Authorization and/or Financial Authorization (FA) and performs revenue transfer processes to respective COs in Asia and the Pacific region as well as to provide inputs into periodic and ad-hoc financial reporting to COs, donors, as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education Degree preferably with specialized certification in business or public administration, finance or related areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or public administration, economics, finance, political science, international development, international relations and social sciences or any related fields.
- 3 year’s (with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant progressively responsible administrative, financial, or project experience is or 6 years of relevant experience with Secondary education degree.
- Experience working in multi-cultural environment would be an advantage.
- Experience in UNDP, UN agency or international organization would be desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience with web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of UNDP procurement and financial rules and regulation (POPP) is preferable.
- Experience in the use of an ERP system (i.e. ATLAS) is preferable.
- Experience in handling of database management system for projects would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Thai, both oral and written required.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.