Deadline: 8 December 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Office Associate (Finance) in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Office Associate (Finance) will perform the following functions:
- Ensure administration and implementation of operational strategies and adapts processes and procedures
- Full compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations.
- Implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Adapt processes and procedures for budget and Financial reporting in line with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and best practice in Fund Management.
- Ensure efficient budgetary and project costing support
- Prepare budgets in compliance with donor requirements and UNOPS Financial regulations and rules, organizational Directives (ODs) and Administrative Instructions (AIs).
- Set up the new Projects in the system including creating a new project structure and ensure that all the approved budgets are uploaded in the system.
- Assign the relevant budget coding for the individual budget line for all budgets to enable to record properly in the system.
- Information gathering for budget preparation.
- Ensure monitoring and progress controls
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of any anomalies.
- Ensure that data quality of General Ledger, Purchase Orders and Receipts (pending GLJEs, correct use PO currency, receipt clean up, Purchase Order balance clean up) are continually monitored.
- Review PO balance report and prepare PO Cleansing report on quarterly basis to make sure all PO balances to be truly outstanding obligations by coordinating with the respective units.
- Review Receipt Accrual Report for projects on monthly basis and coordinate and communicate with respective units for timely processing of Receipt in the system.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- University Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related area would be an asset.
- Relevant certification in financial management or accounting is an advantage.
- 6 year’s of relevant work experience within the areas of finance, accounting, business administration or other finance related field is required.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations is an asset.
- Experience with MS Office 2010 or newer versions is required.
- Experience with G Suite is an asset.
- Experience working with ERP and using financial management electronic systems is desired.
- Experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Thai language is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.