Deadline: 22 November 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support-Senior Associate-Fund Management in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support-Senior Associate-Fund Management will perform the following functions:
- Project implementation
- Preparation and maintenance of project files, including internal and external project reports.
- Assist in management of information flows and oversee change controls, risk registers and issue management by establishing oversight procedures.
- Assist in management of assigned delivery of work packages and take responsibility for progress.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Fund Manager on the implementation progress.
- Working with the Fund Manager, identify and inform on deviations from the plan, and assist in identifying and managing risks and update plans as needed.
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Fund Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents, maintaining records and project management systems and tools. (Project risk matrix, issue log, lessons identified and learned, Contract Management System).
- Support the Fund Manager in maintaining the project document storage system.
- Prepare initial draft of project reports and presentations for the Fund Manager.
- Ensure the follow up of assigned action points with contractor and IP.
- Strengthen the operational risk management and internal control processes of the Fund Management Office especially in areas related to grant/contract management.
- Monitoring budgets in grant proposals and verification of their consistency with prevailing market rates.
Applicants must have:
- High School Diploma is required.
- University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) or First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in business administration, logistics, emergency management, international relations or other relevant will be an asset and may substitute some of the required years of experience.
- 7 year’s of experience in the field of Programme management, Project management or Operations Management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (G-Suite) and experience in handling web-based management systems is preferred.
- Experience in professional text and document drafting in English.
- Experience in compiling narratives from a wide range of information and reports is desired.
- Knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.