Deadline: 5 July 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Adviser Health in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Regional Adviser Health will perform the following functions:
- Regional advisory services and technical support on strategic planning
- Advise key national government officials, NGO partners, UN system partners, and other country office partners on policies, strategies, approaches, and best practices on health-related issues to support programme development planning, management, implementation, and delivery of results.
- Support to country office on programme development and planning
- Collaborate with the Regional Management and Country Office teams throughout all stages of health programming to provide technical support in programme preparation, implementation and monitoring for results.
- Regional programme monitoring and assessment
- Collaborate with HQ Advisers, Regional/Country Monitoring and Evaluation Advisers/Officers to establish benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements, to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence, and delivery of concrete and sustainable results in health programmes.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with global, regional and country office health sector government counterparts, global institutions, partners, donors and academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of UNICEF’s mission, goals, programmes, and resource mobilizations needs.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices in the region for sustainable health programme/project initiatives.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required public health, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas, at the international level, is required: public health planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.