Deadline: 28 October 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Operations Manager in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Regional Operations Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage and oversee the operations within the Asia and the Pacific Region
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management team and provide advice and support to the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director on operational issues.
- Oversee the work of Operation Teams in Country Offices (CO).
- Develop the annual workplan for the Operations Team and oversee its implementation and monitoring.
- Participate in review meetings to assess the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners.
- Lead business process mapping and establish internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions in RO and COs.
- Oversee and monitor implementation of corporate, budget, financial, and procurement, policies and systems and ensure adequate training of staff and project personnel on these issues in RO and COs.
- Manage planning, expenditure tracking and auditing of financial resources
- Ensure strategic and efficient management of office and programme financial resources.
- Exercise proper financial controls.
- Report at the regional level and to HQ on established structures.
- Work closely with HQ, COs, and MCOs on audit processes, including preparation and follow up and take corrective action as appropriate on audit findings and recommendations.
- Monitor and manage core and extra-budgetary resource allocations.
- Perform Manager Level 3 role in ATLAS for voucher and PO approvals.
- Ensure RO and COs/MCOs compliance with Internal Control Framework, Delegation of Authority, and segregation of duties and responsibilities.
- Oversee procurement processes
- Manage the provision of goods and services for offices and projects following established corporate procedures regarding sub-contract review and awarding of contracts, evaluate for cost effectiveness and manage the negotiations in connection with eventual agreements.
- Oversee the preparation of procurement plans in RO and COs.
- Participate/chair in local and regional Procurement Review Committees.
- Oversee RO assets and liabilities and ensure proper inventory control.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration, public administration, finance, HR, or related field is required.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or finance.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience coordinating with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.