Deadline: 31 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Project Management Advisor in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Regional Project Management Advisor will provide regional support in quality assurance, implementation of project management best practices and guidance.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Project Management Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Implementation Support
- The incumbent will provide substantive support to Programme Managers/Project Managers/Team Managers in the planning and implementation of projects and programmes throughout their whole life cycle within the region he/she is assigned.
- Responsible for providing advice to projects or programmes that may need to be brought back to stability.
- Technical Advice and Quality Assurance:
- Provide advice to Head of Programmes, Programme Managers, Project Managers and Heads of PMOs on how to embed best practices of project and programme governance, risk management, project and programme management in their Country Offices.
- Advise and provide expertise/support in the implementation of UNOPS Project and Programme Management methodologies, which are based on best practices as recommended by PMI and PRINCE2®.
- Business Development:
- Support the business development agenda in the region through his/her expertise, regional contacts and ability to demonstrate a depth of experience in the project management field.
- Provide strategic advice to leads of high value and/or risk to the region and/or Country Office, supporting Engagement Authorities in strengthening project governance engagement structures and processes to enable the achievement of high standards and consistent UNOPS defined project success criteria.
- Training and Development:
- Develop and deliver project management training to UNOPS and its partners, and liaise with other relevant industry leaders and UN agencies in training and project management initiatives.
- Support the Infrastructure and Project Management Group (IPMG):
- In coordination with IPMG, the incumbent will deliver project/programme maturity model assessments and follow-up missions, and provide advisory support to field staff on UNOPS best practices, engagement risks, management models, and use of PM tools and systems.
- Support country offices in the establishment of PMOs.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant discipline is required.
- First-level University Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner is required.
- MSP® and P3O® Practitioner highly desired.
- PMP highly desired.
- Minimum 7 years of working in Project Management and Operations is required, which includes at least 5 years providing project management advisory services to Senior Managers (i.e. Governance, Planning and Management Control, Stakeholder Engagement, Resource Management, Risk Management, Benefit Management, Financial Management as they relate to projects).
- Experience managing projects in the international development context is highly desired.
- Experience in post-conflict environment is highly desired.
- Experience in a consultancy role is an asset.
- Background in Engineering is an advantage.
- Experience in Infrastructure, Construction management is considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is highly desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.