Deadline: 15 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer in Thailand.
The Social Policy Officer will be accountable for effective engagement in social policy dialogue with the Government for programme development focusing on Child poverty and Budget analysis for children.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide professional assistance in UNICEF’s engagement in social policy dialogue and development with the Government.
- Monitor and update current information on state budgeting and spending patterns for social programmes and decentralization status of social services on an on-going basis to support advocacy for greater public resources and budget allocation for social development.
- Provide on-going support in making decentralization sustainable through adequate local support while keeping decentralized services both accessible and effective.
- Collaborate with the central and local authorities to strengthen community-based capacity on quality data collection, analysis for policy development, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of social policy and programmes.
- Collect systematically qualitative data for the sound and up-to-date assessment of the situation of children and women to provide the base-lines for result-based decisions on interventions and evaluations.
- Provide technical support for the development of information systems for monitoring child rights indicators, with emphasis on community and child participation.
- Provide timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, and development.
- Promote and raise awareness on children’s rights with both the general public and with policy makers, effective information dissemination, mass media campaign, special events, and other means, to ensure local buy-in, commitment, and continued relevance of UNICEF programming.
- Support and contribute to effective and efficient planning, management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the country programme.
- Ensure that the social planning project enhances policy dialogue, planning, supervision, technical advice, management, training, research and support.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree or equivalent background in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, Public Relations, Media, Communication, or other relevant disciplines.
- First level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional work experience in developing country work or field work experience.
- Experience in budget analysis.
- Proficiency and good knowledge of computer applications, including data management related.
- Fluency in English and Thai (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of another UN Language is an asset.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.