Deadline: 12 April 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical guidance and backstopping in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, and technical advice to programme staff and concerned governments, employers’ and workers’ organizations, non-governmental organizations, and other programme stakeholders.
- Identify innovative interventions and approaches for realizing the programme objectives within the region and in the six priority countries.
- Participate in the organization of national and regional conferences, seminars, workshops, training and meetings organized by the programme.
- Support roll-out of training and participate as a resource person in training seminars and workshops to share ILO instruments and approaches, including on gender equality and women’s economic empowerment, and good practices in migration management and the protection of migrant workers.
- Provide technical inputs in the development of research, studies, thematic reports, tools and training materials developed by the programme, external collaborators and partner institutions. Develop terms of reference and supervise external collaborators and service providers.
- Monitor, review and report on the progress of work plans, in line with the logical framework and M&E plan. Prepare briefs, periodical reports and statistical data on status of the programme, including annual work plans, progress and final reports, activities and performance reports and other reports that may be required by the partner agencies and donors, with the M&E officer, assist in the preparation for and be involved in the evaluation of the programme as well as periodical reviews.
- Promote ILO policies regarding labour migration, social protection, forced labour, child labour, equality of opportunity and treatment for women and men, and the relevant International Labour Standards.
- Collect and analyze information and respond to the request of or information concerning ILO’s work on labour migration.
- Coordinate closely with ILO specialists and staff working on relevant projects and activities at the country and regional level, and external stakeholders as appropriate, to obtain technical inputs to programme activities and to share programme approaches, results and lessons learned.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in development, economics, management, social sciences or law.
- At least 5 year’s professional experience, including at least 2 years of field experience in project management and implementation, preferably in the ASEAN region.
- Proven capacity to initiate and implement development cooperation programmes and activities with ILO constituents and NGOs and promote gender equality within such interventions.
- Familiarity with ILO policies and procedures.
- Experience in working on labour migration is required.
- Experience from designing and overseeing research projects, and supporting service delivery to migrant workers will be an advantage.
- Excellent command in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.