Deadline: 25 November 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Youth Employment Expert in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Youth Employment Expert will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical expertise for supporting the design of development cooperation (DC) activities in the Asia Pacific (AP) region on youth employment as focal point for DC projects.
- Provide technical backstopping and coordinate the structure of technical support of youth employment projects in the region to help Country Offices on delivery and technical quality assurance with relevant specialists in the region and at headquarters, with a particular focus on “Generation Unlimited” initiative.
- Provide technical advisory services on youth employment issues in Asia-Pacific to the constituents.
- Prepare and develop good practices, lessons learned from various DC projects and make technical contributions to publications, working papers and reports.
- Promote stronger linkages between technical programmes on topics linked to youth employment – including public employment service, child labour, skills development, formalization, enterprise development – for youth-targeted outputs in the context of Decent Work Country Programmes and the ILO Global Call to Action for a human-centred recovery from the COVID-19 crisis that is inclusive, sustainable and resilient.
- Support roll-out and conduct impact assessment of tools to address youth employment with a view to better reaching disadvantaged youth.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in economics or related social sciences with demonstrated expertise in the technical field.
- At least 7 year’s relevant professional experience, including 3 year’s at the international level.
- Experience in design and management of development cooperation programmes.
- Technical experience in at least two of the following four fields would be an advantage policy support in areas of employment creation, entrepreneurship, education and training, and gender equality.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English including ability to write and synthesize concisely.
- Knowledge of one or more languages in the region is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.