Deadline: 1 October 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Lome, Togo.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assistance in preparation of periodic accounting records by recording receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc).
- Compilation and verification of budgets and accounting data by researching files, calculating costs, and estimating anticipated expenditures from available information sources.
- Maintain contact with local banks for verifying account status, obtaining approval for cheque clearance, verifying currency exchange rates and similar direct transactions.
- When authorized, making disbursements from petty cash funds, maintaining records of these disbursement and balance accounts as required.
- Provide assistance to newly arriving or departing staff members with opening or closing bank account, exchanging currency and other financial matters.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by a first degree in the field of accounting/finance.
- 4 year’s experience in accounting and/or finance.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of English and another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.