Deadline: 2 October 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of TA Child Protection Officer in Lome, Togo.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The TA Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of the activities of the project “Improvement of access to justice for children in Togo” and the Child Protection and Adolescent Empowerment program.
- Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Justice to develop and implement the national juvenile justice strategy.
- Provide technical support to relevant institutions and organizations for the implementation of judicial procedures in accordance with national juvenile justice guidelines and the international instruments ratified by Togo in the field of juvenile justice.
- Analyse data and other information collected in the child protection sector in general and the juvenile justice sector in particular, prepare related activity reports.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans as well as to the preparation of other program documents/reports and ensure their quality.
- Ensure the quality of financial, administrative and other supporting documentation related to supplies, process requests from implementing partners and verify that expenditures have been made within the allocated budget and in accordance with UNICEF rules and procedures.
- Carry out field visits to ensure the implementation of program activities and provide useful information for the achievement of objectives.
- Make recommendations to the supervisor to remedy difficulties encountered in the field.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor) in one of the following fields is required human rights, international law, or another relevant diploma in the field of international development.
- 1 year of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of English and of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.