Deadline: 2 June 2019
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Global Transport Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Global Transport Specialist is responsible to support in conceiving, developing and promoting innovations in Bank Policy, operational procedures, project/program design in organization and management of operations in Transport in IDB member countries.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Global Transport Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strategic & Operational Planning
- Contribute to the preparation of key strategy papers, new programs and knowledge product development to ensure the unit is contributing to the overall goal of the bank.
- Undertake the analytical/economic and sector work (ESW) as well as sector dialogue during Member Country Partnership Strategy (MCPS) and programming missions.
- Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Undertake the design, review and implementation of the IDB’s policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the sector interventions to ensure alignment with local and industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with IDB’s policies and guidelines to ensure quality in the operational work of Transport sector as well as maintaining good working relationships with various clients.
- Sector Portfolio Management
- Ensure quality throughout project lifecycle of IDB financed projects to ensure all projects abide by the high-quality standards demanded by the Bank.
- Undertake sector work in relation to ensure the inclusion of international best practices.
- Monitor overall sector portfolio in order to ensure its successful implementation or advise on corrective measures if necessary.
- Participate in Transport Portfolio Performance Review (SPPR) and Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR).
- Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Provide technical guidance and insights to team members to ensure all team members are able to deliver efficiently.
- Contribute to IDB knowledge repository by documenting best practices and lessons learned.
- Share knowledge as subject matter expert related to sector issues to enhance a knowledge sharing culture across the Bank that would allow it to create more value.
- Use innovative approaches in conceptualizing, designing and implementing projects and programs to ensure best practices are used and adapted to sector projects and programs.
- Participate and contribute in regional and international events/forums on Transport to stay abreast with the latest development in the sector.
- Develop partnership with the international institutions to synergize the knowledge products preparation, technology reviews, issues, innovations and solutions.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in economics, engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years experience in development sector, 3 of which in international financial institutions.
- Experience in Transport or related fields.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Transport trends in MCs and NMCs.
- Knowledge in conceptualizing and managing Transportation Projects/ programs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IsDB.