Deadline: 8 February 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Transport Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The purpose of Senior Transport Specialist is to contribute to the expansion of ADB’s operations in sustainable transport programs and projects in the Asia and Pacific region, work with broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical tasks.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Transport Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead knowledge and support technical assistance (KSTA) project on collection and analysis of core transport data, transport indicators and national and local policy information.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues, such as environmental quality (including air quality and climate change), social sustainability, and gender equity, are incorporated into ADB sector work.
- Assist in broadening the scope of ADB’s efforts in sustainable transport by developing new projects in Strategy 2030 priority areas such as rural transport, urban transport, and logistics and cross-border transport.
- Work with operational departments of ADB to create synergies between development objectives, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and transport.
- Engage potential funding sources to support new project areas.
- Participate in country teams and provide sector inputs for Country Partnership Strategy (CPS)
- Review loans and technical assistance portfolio to ensure alignment with Strategy 2030 and SDGs.
- Identify specific areas of capacity building assistance required for mainstreaming Strategy 2030 priority areas in urban, rural and regional transport as well as cross cutting areas of environment, climate change, disaster risk management, air quality, governance, and gender into ADB’s transport work.
- Support senior management and represent ADB in conferences/workshops as a resource on transport.
- Engage key stakeholders, especially other multilateral development banks, Developing Member Countries (DMCs), and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), in articulating information on ADB’s sustainable transport initiatives.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Transport, Engineering, Economics, or related fields.
- University degree in Transport, Engineering, Economics or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the transport, and/or economics field.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills to articulate and represent ADB’s activities and directions in conferences and workshops, dynamically participate in networks, and interact effectively with ADB management, staff, and counterparts in other institutions.
- Proven application of expertise within a specific area, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Able to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.
- Act as a mentor to the more junior team members, providing guidance on projects or processing of loans/technical assistance.
- Act as a coach to develop capabilities/potential of more junior colleagues.
- Able to act as a team leader when required with supervision from the Director or a more senior team leader.
- Able to work in a collegial team environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.