Deadline: 10 April 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Transport Specialist/Senior Transport Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Transport Specialist/Senior Transport Specialist will develop, implement, administer, and evaluate loans, Technical Assistance (TA) projects; and undertake strategic sector analysis and knowledge management activities in the transport sector.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Transport Specialist/Senior Transport Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead and support processing of loans, grants and TA projects with high project readiness, ensuring key technical, economic, financial, environmental, social and other sectors issues in project designs.
- Implement loans, grants and TA projects, and provide advice to executing agencies on project management and administration.
- Undertake dialogue with government officials of development member countries (DMC) on transport policy and reforms in advancing policy and institutional reforms in the transport sector, including institution modernization, transport network development and multimodal integration, project management, operation and maintenance, regional cooperation and integration, and urban transport.
- Oversee the development of sector and regional strategies and initiate regional projects in consultation with national and regional organizations and international financial agencies including intra-regional exchange of experiences, best practices and lessons; and provide transport sector inputs to Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) and Country Operations Business Plans (COBP).
- Ensure proper coordination between Headquarters and Resident Missions for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of transport policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Support ADB’s Transport Sector Group in knowledge sharing and bank-wide exchange of best-practices in project design, policy dialogue and project implementation.
- Ensure proper coordination with development partners.
- Lead, supervise and support reporting staff, and provide guidance to junior staff.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s or equivalent degree in transport planning, transport economics, engineering or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience including international work experience in project processing, project administration and portfolio management and international experience of working in different countries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Strong knowledge of transport sector operations, as documented by several years of work experience in the various subsectors.
- Proven experience in processing large and complex projects in the transport sector or procurement of large and complex works/goods contracts; and administration of loans and TA projects and policy dialogue in the transport sector.
- Ability to provide leadership for solving difficult implementation problems, supervising complex project review missions and supporting loan processing.
- Experience in the procurement and administration of large works and goods contracts and accreditation in PASS for procurement and consulting services (if not, PASS accreditation should be obtained within one year after assignment).
- Experience in pipeline and portfolio development by identifying new project opportunities, structuring and sequencing of large and/or complex projects and programs in the transport sector and supporting expansion of operations in new subsectors and/or DMC.
- Attitude of striving for results (meeting deadlines, solving problems, delivering Key Result Areas) and helping others to achieve results.
- Proven track record in successfully leading teams.
- Commitment to learning and change.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.