Deadline: 9 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Transport Specialist in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The Transport Specialist will be responsible for the management of a selected number of transport projects and advisory services and analytic (ASA) and contributions to the broader the transport and urban development portfolio of World Bank projects and initiatives in the LC7 Country Management Unit (that includes Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay), with a primary focus on Argentina.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Transport Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage or contribute to a portion of the Bank’s transport and urban development portfolio in LC7 (with responsibilities over up to 3 projects and the preparation of one or two new operations per year), and support other project teams particularly on sector technical issues ranging from general transport sector institutional setups and reforms to planning and impact evaluation analyses. The focus will be primarily on the Bank’s Argentina portfolio.
- Manage or contribute up to two analytical studies (ASA/ESW/RAS activities) per year and support other analytical studies, particularly on issues related to urban transport policies (integrated land use and transport planning, metropolitan governance issues, subsidy and tariff policies, demand management and NMT), the provision of multimodal and logistics transport infrastructure and services, urban development initiatives, financing options, asset maintenance and operations, gender, impact evaluation, and general best practices in the investment, management and delivery of infrastructure and services.
- In carrying out the activities above, engage with sector entities in designing and advancing sector policy and institutional reforms and capacity building programs.
- Participate in cross-sectoral teams responsible for preparation of policy notes, Country Partnership Strategies, public expenditures reviews, sectoral studies, and research and policy development activities on the topics/sections pertaining to the transport and urban development sectors.
- Stay abreast of recent developments in the transport and urban development sectors world-wide, and on cross-cutting issues, in relation to the topics of specialization for this position.
Applicants must have-
- Post graduate degree at Masters’ level or higher in transport planning, or transport economics, or civil/transport engineering, or urban planning.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in the transport sector with a focus on at least one of the following areas: (a) urban/public transport planning, design and operations, (b) transport economics, financing, and sector policy issues; (c) contract management and implementation for transport infrastructure investments and operational services, and (d) urban planning/development and its nexus with transport accessibility.
- Practical experience in the design, implementation, management, maintenance or operation of transport infrastructure or urban development projects or initiatives, and an understanding and the ability to work on policy, institutional, financing, contract management, social and environmental requirements.
- Proven ability to function effectively as team leader or team member of multi-disciplinary teams and to resolve conflicts constructively.
- Strong client and communications skills, with proven experience in providing quality policy and project advice to national and sub-national clients, and in transferring knowledge.
- Publications in transport/urban/infrastructure journals or specialized magazines would be a plus.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish is a requirement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.