Deadline: 4 January 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Travel Assistant in Bujumbura, Burundi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Travel Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Receive and reviews all local and international travel requests from staff members to ensure appropriate authorization, confirms entitlements for duty travel, home leave, and education grant, medical evacuation, repatriation etc. Forwards travel requests with supporting documents to the administrative officer for approval.
- Obtain quotations from approved travel agents, airlines for international travels, prepares analysis of the most economical and direct route for approval by administrative officer.
- Supervise indirectly activities concerned with the travel services contractor.
- This ensure consistency in rates and fares utilized by the office, and constant monitoring and quality control of service received in comparison with other industry competitors.
- Brief staff on travel and general administrative matters
- Prepare all invoice payments related to tickcets purchased are processed timely.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school supplemented by a training in travel and logistics.
- Knowledge of United Nations travel rules and practices, and of standard tools and references of the travel industry is an asset.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience in travel-related work, such as an airline or travel agency.
- Fluency in French and a good knowledge of English are required
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.