Deadline: 21 May 2021
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. The duration of this post is 2 years.
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Lead UNCDF’s policy & regulatory advocacy and manage relations with key stakeholders in the country.
- Build a robust project pipeline of scalable and innovative DF projects in country.
- Generate, facilitate, and disseminate research and information sharing to ensure stakeholders are informed on current trends, best practices, market conditions, and special topics as needed.
- Provide support to UNCDF management on corporate initiatives and activities.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in technology, economics, public/business administration, social sciences or related discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in these fields along with 2 additional years of experience is also acceptable.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in progressively more responsible positions in the financial services and/or telecommunications field out of which at least 3 year’s experience must be in the field of Digital Finance, digital innovations or skills development in the digital era.
- Demonstrable strong technical knowledge in digital solutions, digital economies and digital financial services required.
- Relevant experience with policy makers, regulators, central and local government in developing countries, including conducting regulatory assessments or diagnostics of the legal environment.
- Strong programme management experience with emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and incorporating lessons learned into inclusive finance projects and digital economies programmes is considered a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrable work experience in progressively managerial roles in country program management roles in Caribbean or Latin America is considered a distinct advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form including drafting reports and briefs to senior decision makers.
- Experience conducting training and capacity building considered a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English required (excellent comprehension, verbal & written communication skills).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNCDF.