Deadline: 13 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Education in Tunis, Tunisia.
The Chief Education will manage the Education programme and team, contributing to knowledge development/innovation and for developing and preparing education programme/projects.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Education will perform the following functions-
- Supervise the education team in establishing the annual work plan including developing strategies and determining priorities/targets and performance measurements.
- Coordinate work progress monitoring and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards and report to the Deputy Representative critical issues for timely action.
- Provide technical assistance/advice to colleagues in the Section on all aspects of programming and implementation to enable colleagues to achieve program/performance objectives.
- Keep abreast of national/regional/international development priorities on education to enhance program management and delivery.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of education programmes/projects.
- Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for the sector/s using on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM).
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Monitor programmes/projects to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Coordinate/ensure the availability of technical experts (with Regional Office/HQ) to ensure timely support throughout all stages of programming/project processes.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for sustainable education programmes/projects initiatives through advocacy and technical advisory services.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Primary Education, or Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance or a related technical field.
- 8 years of professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation, in fields relevant to Education programmes.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
- Proven track record of working on education sector reforms and with education sector group is a strong asset.
- Past experience in Education in Emergency an asset.
- Fluency in French and English are required.
- Knowledge of the local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.