Deadline: 14 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Education in Tunis, Tunisia.
The Chief Education will be responsible for the achievement of concrete and sustainable programmes/projects results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Education will perform the following functions-
- As head of the Education Section, provide leadership, guidance and direction for Education programme development, design, planning, implementation, and management; promote the quality of rights-based Education programming through participation in the formulation and development of programme goals, strategies and approaches for the UNICEF plan of cooperation. Plan, implement and monitor assigned activities.
- Assume primary responsibility for effective management of the Education section, including guidance, oversight, supervision of teams of professional and support staff, financial accountability of funds and human resources management and development; develop the work plan for the sector and monitor compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met and achieved. Ensure the training needs of staff are met, and provide on-the-job training.
- Supervise the education team in establishing the annual work plan including developing strategies and determining priorities/targets and performance measurements.
- Coordinate work progress monitoring and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards and report to the Deputy Representative critical issues for timely action.
- Provide technical assistance/advice to colleagues in the Section on all aspects of programming and implementation to enable colleagues to achieve program/performance objectives.
- Hold shared responsibility for strategic recommendations and decisions on situation analysis, programme planning, implementation and evaluation, knowledge management, as well as administrative decision making on use of funds and human resources.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Primary Education, or Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance or a related technical field.
- Eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in program planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation, in fields relevant to Education programs.
- Some demonstrative capacity to identify and monitor gender inequalities, as well as develop and implement gender mainstreaming in programs.
- Proven track record of working on education sector reforms and with education sector group is a strong asset.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
- Past experience in Education in Emergency an asset.
- Fluency in French and English required.
- Knowledge of the local language an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.