Deadline: 7 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Programme Manager in Tunis, Tunisia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Country Programme Manager will be responsible for the strategic positioning of UN Women as a leader in Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in Libya.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of country programme annual work plan and individual programme work plans, including budget and results framework.
- Manage delivery of the day-to-day programme activities to ensure prompt and adequate delivery of results.
- Lead relationship building with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the country programme.
- Provide timely advice on programmatic areas of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Lead the establishment of an effective monitoring system for the delivery of programme results.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly and annual progress reports and donor reports and organize progress reviews as necessary.
- Review financial reports in accordance with UN Women procedures and submit the reports to UN Women HQ and donors.
- Supervise and guide programme staff, and manage performance.
- Participate in country level Comprehensive Country Assessment (CCA)/UNDAF processes and similar exercises related to the RC system.
- Lead the writing of analytical and regular progress reports on UN Women’s program experiences in support of UN women inter-agency coordination role.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with other UN agencies, governments, donors, civil society organization and other stakeholders.
- Lead the development and expansion of knowledge management strategies and methodologies for the country programme.
- Manage the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the programme and contribute to their global dissemination.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in development related disciplines, economics or public policy or other social science fields.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience at the national and/or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience in the field of gender and human rights of women.
- Prior experience in the UN System is an advantage.
- Prior experience in working at the country / regional level.
- Experience in working in emergency and crisis context is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in English is required (written and oral).
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.