Deadline: 13 February 2022
Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of International Programme Officer – Coordination (Technical Secretariat) in Tunisia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
AICS – the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation – is one of key innovations established by the Italian law on international cooperation (Law No. 125/2014). The Agency began operating in January 2016, with the aim of aligning Italy with its principal European and global partners in the endeavour of development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Chief of Communication will perform the following functions:
- Support the Technical Secretariat work planning, budgeting and operation.
- Contribute to effective coordination, close communication and constructive relations with partners and governing bodies’ members, including the relevant Libyan stakeholders at both central and local level (e.g., Ministries and Municipal authorities).
- Ensure the effective organization of events and meetings, including the timely preparation/circulation of technical documents, and the logistical coordination as required.
- Network with the governance bodies’ members to facilitate the production of briefings, background notes, talking points, media statements and speeches for senior officials.
- Lead the Technical Secretariat reporting to ensure quality, timely delivery, and efficiency.
- Support the meeting follow up, including the timely implementation, tracking and reporting of the governance bodies’ decisions.
- Ensure the effective database setup and ITC management, including up/down-stream data and reports workflows involving the relevant information providers and users, to provide user-friendly comprehensive data of the overall Programme progress, deliverables and results.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in international Relations, Political and Social Sciences, Economics, International Development or related fields (level 7 European Qualification Framework EQF) or in another field accompanied by proven experience in the sector as specified in the vacancy announcement of at least 3 year’s working experience in addition to those provided and Medically fit for employment.
- Age not exceeding (at the time of signing the contract) that required for retirement by local regulations (60 years), or by Italian regulations (ref. Law 398/87) for candidates subject to the Italian social security system (67 years).
- At least 3 year’s of post-graduate working experience on programme coordination, partnership building, stakeholder coordination and communications;
- At least 2 year’s working in fragile states and emergency contexts, with international organizations, the EU, governmental aid agencies and INGOs.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, databases (e.g., pivot tables and functions) and video-conferencing software.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Italian language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS).