Deadline: 16 January 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of SDG Financing and Private Sector Analyst in Tunis, Tunisia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The SDG Financing and Private Sector Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support the Team Leader IGHD in the management of the SDG Financing and private sector. More specifically, the SDG Financing and Private Sector Analyst
- Provide support the day-to-day management of the project.
- Provide support drafting and updating annual project work plans.
- Draft documents necessary to the implementation of project activities, such as concept notes and terms of reference, as directed by the Team Leader IGHD.
- Support planning, organization and oversight of the necessary administrative and other logistical support to consultancy missions, workshops, learning events, and other project activities.
- Ensure financial oversight of the project activities on which s/he leads, under the supervision of the Team Leader IGHD, to ensure accurate and efficient budget management and project delivery including overseeing and authorizing financial transactions in Atlas.
- Closely monitors project activities against the desired outputs/results and advise the Team Leader IGHD on required management actions and necessary modifications.
- Participate in the recruitment and supervision of consultants and ensures the delivery of services in accordance with their implementation agreement or contract.
- Documentation of learning and knowledge management, under the supervision of the Team Leader IGHD the SDG Financing and Private Sector Analyst
- Regularly monitor the socio-political context in Tunisia in relation to SDG Financing and Private Sector, and shares analysis and relevant research findings with the project team.
- Regularly document learning from project activities.
- Ensure the monitoring of research activities funded by the SDG Financing and Private Sector.
- Ensure that learning from project activities is fed into the planning of new activities and used effectively for advocacy purposes.
- Support the drafting, development and dissemination of communication material for the project.
- Work closely with the M&E officer to supports effective monitoring and evaluation of the project and implementation of recommendations.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, finance, public financial management, international development studies, international affairs, business administration, development economics or a related area.
- 2 year’s of relevant working experience in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects, especially in the area of capacity development for Government, State institutions, private sector and civil society.
- Experience in developing and conducting research and analysis is desirable.
- In-depth understanding of a wide range of tools for SDG Financing, private sector, financing for development, inclusive businesses issues.
- Previous in-country experience in Tunisia, is considered a significant asset.
- Proficiency in English and French both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.