Deadline: 6 June 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Ankara, Turkey.
The Economist will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of Development Policy Operations using both IDA and IBRD resources and lead or participate in the preparation of analytical papers, Technical Assistance and integrative outputs such as Strategic Country Diagnostics, Country Economic Memorandums and cross-sector Public Expenditure Reviews.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Carry out monitoring of the economy, help maintain databases, prepare short analytical notes.
- Participate in the policy dialogue with the authorities, including through but not limited to development policy lending.
- Contribute and at times lead analytical products to underpin the policy dialogue on macroeconomic and structural reforms, including quarterly macroeconomic updates.
- Work with the IMF on economic issues.
- Participate actively in the MFM Global Practice including by providing support to programs in different countries.
- Be active in at least one thematic area under the MFM Global Practice.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics.
- 5 years of experience.
- Strong technical and excellent writing skills.
- Proven sense of initiative, results orientation, and leadership qualities, as well as effective teamwork skills.
- Strong integrative capacities i.e., ability to situate IBRD activities within a coherent strategic framework.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely with senior policy officials.
- Fluency in Turkish and English are essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.