Deadline: 13 October 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Istanbul, Turkey. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Monitor implementation and alert supervisor on issues of compliance with work plans, financial rules and regulations and award agreements.
- Assemble draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises.
- Input duty travel recommendations and issues reminders re follow up, records project/programme monitoring and evaluation notes.
- Make administrative arrangements for country and inter country activities including preparation of various committal documents related to procurement of goods and services, arrangements of study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved programme budget/collaborative programmes with countries.
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance in the context of the organization of meetings (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops, and symposia), i.e. makes administrative preparations, including organization of practical local arrangements, advance transport of documents/equipment and hospitality. Provides administrative and secretarial support during the meetings and pays per diem to participants if required.
- Establish and maintain the unit’s filing system of technical documents and correspondence.
- Create background files and compiles reference material as appropriate.
- Respond to and acts on telephone enquiries.
- Provide briefing and guidance to all staff on general office practices and procedures assists/replaces colleagues in the team; takes minutes in meetings.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Relevant higher education or post-secondary school courses in a field relevant to the position.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
- Experience in an international environment or institution.
- Relevant experience in WHO or in the UN.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerized systems and databases.
- Ability to adapt to competing priorities.
- Expert knowledge of English and Turkish.
- Intermediate knowledge of French, Russian, German.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.