Deadline: 9 June 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Protection Coordinator in Gaziantep, Turkey. The duration of this post is less than 1 year.
The Protection Coordinator will support WV Turkey’s scale up in protection programming, implemented through local partners, to plan and guide and implementation activities with a focus on ensuring technical quality in all protection activities as well as building capacity of the local partner.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the refugees are reflected in the protection strategy, planning process and operations plan while also addressing the specific protection needs of women, men, children, youth, older persons, persons with disabilities and minority groups.
- Ensure that the necessary resources are allocated to enable partner work to identify and address protection and assistance gaps through action and advocacy with management.
- Build staff and partners capacity on children’s, women’s and refugees protection and safe identification and referral of protection cases.
- Monitor protection risks and needs in projects sites on a regular basis in alignment with project requirements.
- Ensure partner work on the ground is in line with WVT and inter- agency standard operating procedures.
- Support the programs team with relevant information regarding protection program opportunities identified through on- the- ground observations, research.
- Protection data from monitoring and evaluation reports, external reports and studies and provide recommendations to address protection concerns.
- Conduct spot check visits to project and program sites to ensure compliance with international standards and best practices.
- Ensure confidentiality, safety and ethics are considered in case referrals.
- Disseminate the capacity building package for project’s staff and partners on Protection mainstreaming using the Global Protection cluster tool and program tools, in collaboration with Syria Protection Coordinator.
- Attend and participate in relevant capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
Applicants must have-
- University Bachelor degree in social work: Sociology, Human Rights, psychology.
- Minimum 2-3 year experience in the Protection field.
- Experience of implementing community- based programming of 2 or more years.
- Prior experience of implementing protection or social work activities of 2 or more years.
- Excellent understanding & experience and willing to take initiatives in the following areas: Humanitarian Protection Principles, ICRC Code of Conduct, Protection Minimum Standards and Guidelines, Protection Mainstreaming.
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
- Willing to travel within Turkey.
- Effective written and verbal communication in Arabic, Turkish and English.
- Nationality of Turkey.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.