Deadline: 24 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Public Health Officer in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Public Health Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the implementation of WHO activities with a special focus on using the EPW and approaches.
- Provide technical assistance at country level on priority issues such as strengthening Health Systems, public health functions, implementation of strategies and interventions to address the health burden caused by the environmental factors and non-communicable diseases across the life-course.
- Provide support in the application of tools and guidelines for the improvement of health information and collation of information, data analysis, and preparation of regular and timely briefings, reports, or situation analysis.
- Support for the implementation of the activities of the Evidence-informed Policy Network (EVIPNet) at the national level.
- Assist the Head of WHO Country Office in all managerial, administrative and liaison activities with the Regional Office and support the effective implementation of all WHO activities in the country as elaborated in the BCA, CCS or other WHO action plans.
- Assist and contribute to promoting partnerships in the country with relevant health stakeholders, and contribute to certifying the correct high technical quality, policy relevant and timely implementation of all tasks and activities carried out under the donor financed initiatives or in agreed partnerships at country level.
- Link with institutions, associations and non-governmental agencies and scientific bodies, for exchange of information, coordination of activities and implementation of sector wide approaches.
- Assist in preparations of missions to the country and support consultants in country or on missions to neighbouring Member States.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s level) in medicine, public health, social and political sciences or economics.
- University Degree (Master’s level) or postgraduate training in any of the above and Project management certification.
- Minimum 3 year’s national professional experience in project management in the fields of public health, health systems and/or international development.
- Experience of work with(in) international organizations to deliver sound policy advice and support to a Member State.
- Analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge on how to perform health system analysis.
- Proficiency in standard computer applications e.g. electronic communication, database searches and management, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and planning software.
- Ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as helping others to do the same.
- Expert knowledge of English and Turkish.
- Intermediate knowledge of French, Russian and German.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.