Deadline: 27 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Officer in Turkmenistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Emergency Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure that climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction, including prevention, mitigation, preparedness, and response measures are mainstreamed in the country office’s workplans.
- Climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction initiatives with the Ministry of Education and other partners are planned, implemented, monitored and reported, and receive the required technical and management support.
- Sectoral inputs are provided to office’s Emergency Preparedness and Response plans and initiatives, including the Situation Analysis and other national frameworks, strategies and related documents.
- Professional contributions are made to the formulation of emergency plans of action, contingency plans, and monitoring of compliance with plans of action.
- Emergency preparedness and response plans integrates gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
- Staff and partners’ capacities in emergencies preparedness and response is effectively supported for the enhancement of the emergency preparedness and response capability of the office and national partners.
- Support UNICEF emergency preparedness initiatives, including estimation and storage of emergency supplies, stand by partnership arrangements and agreements with National Red Crescent Society of Turkmenistan (NRCST), Ministry of Defense and other national partners, to strengthen readiness and capacity for timely response.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in the area of Environment Studies, Public Administration, Management, Social Science, Education or other related fields.
- At least 3 year’s professional work experience in the field of climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction and/or emergency preparedness.
- Previous experience of working with UNICEF/UN is an asset.
- Knowledge of English language is required.
- Knowledge of Russian or Turkmen language is an asset.
- Nationality of Turkmenistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.