Deadline: 16 June 2016
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Political Officer in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
The Political Officer will be responsible for reporting of the Centre.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Political Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitors and reports on the political situation in the country.
- Provides analysis of current affairs and political developments.
- Implements Centre’s activities in the politico-military dimension of the OSCE.
- Establishes contacts and liaises with senior government officials of the Ministry of Defense, relevant parliamentary committees, and other officials dealing with security and defense issues, as well as with local authorities, universities, research institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Assists in arranging OSCE events, inter alia, seminars and visits to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation.
- Liaises with the other OSCE presences in the region.
- Prepares and disseminates information about the OSCE and its activities to local and international media, prepares detailed schedules of project implementation, briefings, presentations in regard to the programme/projects on security/defense initiatives.
- Monitors and reports on media developments in the mission area.
- Develops, implements and monitors activities and projects related to SALW and Confidence and Security Building Measures (CSBM).
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- University education in international studies, public policy, political science or law or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Diplomatic experience or experience working in political affairs with international organizations or governments.
- Experience in preparing analytical reports.
- Experience in dealing with senior military and other high-level governmental officials.
- Experience in development and delivery of security and defense initiatives.
- Previous working experience in a programmatic/strategic planning role.
- Proven work experience in project management: project development, including budgeting, monitoring, implementation, and reporting (both narrative and financial).
- Previous work experience in Central Asia preferably in an international environment or within operational Missions.
- Fluency in the English and Russian languages, both oral and written, including the ability to draft documents clearly and concisely.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.