International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advocacy Specialist in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 2 year.
The Advocacy Specialist will undertake a wide range of research, writing, analytical and organizational activities, with a primary focus on developing donor proposals, reports, concept notes and other fundraising and partnership documents targeting multiple audiences and sectors.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advocacy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Perform research and draft points relevant to implementation, advocacy/policy and research partnerships (multilateral organizations, industry, governments, NGOs, research institutions and global initiatives/coalitions) and to donors (bilaterals, multilaterals, foundations and individuals).
- Research, prioritize, and assist with approaching donor and partner prospects for Country Office managers and teams in sub-Saharan Africa, including written materials needed to advance fundraising and partnership development efforts and training for in-country staff to strengthen internal capacities.
- Prepare PowerPoint and other presentations as needed to support development, partnership and advocacy efforts, in target countries/regions and globally.
- Liaise with full HarvestPlus team, especially Country Managers and their staffs, as well as global and regional communications, marketing and research teams.
- Act in close support of the Head of Africa Strategic Alliances, in ongoing advocacy, research, and operational activities.
- Liaise directly with HarvestPlus/IFPRI staff.
- Liaise directly with HarvestPlus headquarters and staff.
- Liaise/coordinate work plans, international telephone calls/web meetings, webinars, travel and diary with HarvestPlus staff and other organizations.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field, plus a minimum of 6 to 8 years of professional experience in developing and implementing a wide variety of advocacy and policy initiatives within Africa.
- Experience with concept note and proposal development for bilateral or foundation donors.
- International experience, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Background or interest in, agriculture and nutrition.
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese.
- Fluency in English (verbal, written).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.