Deadline: 23 April 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Cash Assistant in Uganda.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Cash Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Programme and Technical Oversight:
- Contribute to ensuring technical compliance in activities, achievement of activities in accordance with targets, timeliness of implementation, and compliance with core protection principles and best practices, and DRC and donor regulations.
- Support in organizing and facilitating cash and market-related assessments, price monitoring and post-distribution monitoring exercises.
Support in undertaking targeting and verification exercises.
- Support Services:
- Coordinate with Area Managers and relevant Support Services functions to support financial and operational management of the project according to DG-ECHO and DRC standards for compliance.
- Support the establishment of efficient and effective systems and procedures to monitor and demonstration of Value for Money.
Applicant must have:
- Degree in a related field, such as economics, international development or the social sciences or comparable demonstrated practical experience.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience working in international humanitarian and/or development aid, preferably with displaced populations.
- Technical expertise and experience in cash programming.
Analytical and planning skills.
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, whilst maintaining technical quality.
- Highly diplomatic with political awareness and understanding.
- High-level communications and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.