Deadline: 27 November 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Conflict Management Officer in Adjumani, Uganda.
The Conflict Management Officer’s main objective is to provide efficient and effective program implementation and smooth running of the SPRS-NU Conflict Management interventions according to DRC’s internal procedures, Operations Handbook and program design and donor guidelines.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Conflict Management Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Team Leadership
- Produce work plans for the sector staff in accordance with annual planning cycle.
- Train staff and provide regular updates of work planning and reporting against SMART objectives.
- Sector Reporting & Documentation
- Provide regular internal reports and other relevant information on general policy matters and programme activities to the sector staff and other relevant persons.
- Ensure that a sound documentation procedure is in place and adhered to, including development and compilation of project beneficiary database is maintained and updated regularly.
- Administration & logistics
- Ensure compliance to donor requirements regarding programme implementation and asset management.
- Support his/her team with logistics arrangements to facilitate effective programme delivery.
- Personnel Management
- Directly responsible for supervising the conflict Management Assistants and any casual workers hired to facilitate implementation of sectoral activities in Adjumani.
- Support the recruitment planning of required field staff in consultation with the EUTF Project Manager, Base Manager and HR Officer.
- Relationship Management
- Coordination: Maintain close and good relations with all relevant stakeholders including the other Consortium partners, UNCHR, and other relevant UN organizations, OPM, local authorities, line ministries, donors, other NGOs, CBOs and other DRC partners.
- Transparency: Ensure required reports and information is shared with the direct project stakeholders in a timely and adequate manner.
- Reporting Arrangements
- Direct line Manager is the Team Leader Project Adjumani.
- Technical line Manager is the SPRS Project Manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in relevant field with an INGO or other agencies.
- Experience in peace building, conflict management, protection interventions.
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale projects.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, representation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
- Commitment to accountable practices.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage varied workloads and deal constructively with stress.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations.
- Possession of a valid riding permit.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.