Deadline: 27 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for Education Officer in Adjumani, Uganda. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Supervise and inspect the AEP teachers and Head teachers regularly with specific focus on quality and professionalism
- Identify training needs of AEP teachers and suggest for relevant trainings to meet the needs.
- Organize and conduct regular meetings with AEP school/center management committees in view of improving the AEP activities
- Organize and conduct refresher trainings for AEP school/ Centre Management Committees if necessary.
- Compile and submit monthly AEP activity reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant authorities and communities at field level.
- Identify and register learners for the AEP programme.
- Update the learners and teachers data base.
- Identify and coordinate AEP school/centre logistical needs.
- Liaise with the School Management Committee (SMC) during follow up of learners and in mobilizing local resources to facilitate teaching.
- Conduct community sensitization meetings on AEP programme.
- Guide, supervise and appraise project Assistants under AEP.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Master’s in Education or any other related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of INGO experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge in proposal writing and AEP Curriculum is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- High integrity.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.