Deadline: 23 October 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in Kampala, Uganda.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will perform the following functions:
- Responsible to develop the Country Office monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy, responding to contextual challenges but also ensuring alignment with the regional strategy and global M&E framework, policy and strategy.
- Develop Country Office specific M&E SOPs responding to contextual challenges, according to NRC’s M&E minimum standards ensuring necessary resources.
- Technical input to programme monitoring and evaluation plans, including methodological guidance and resource planning.
- Ensure the roll out and use of global and regional M&E developments at the Country Office level. Also leading new technical developments to respond to M&E needs in the context.
- Provide technical M&E support, guidelines and capacity building across the Country Office .
- Line manage Country Office M&E staff and capacity building for area office M&E staff.
- Ensure learning moments are institutionalised in the Country Office , with systems in place for analysing and using M&E data and supporting programme and Country Management Group to interpret and use learning for strategic and programme decision making.
- Lead the processes and design of country office and programme level monitoring and evaluation and accountability systems, ensuring learning is integrated, accurate and relevant.
- Ensure planning and quality control of all monitoring and evaluation activities throughout the PCM cycle, including technical support for Theory of Change, M&E plans, indicator reference sheets, data quality assessments and evaluation processes.
- Ensure system /process are in place to ensure high quality reporting either in NRC’s Global Output and Outcome Reporting System (GORS), or equivalent system.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in economics, research methods, social sciences or a related field.
- 5-7 year’s of experience in design, implementation, and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and research for large to mid-scale international projects or programmes.
- Experience of implementing various programme evaluation methodologies and approaches.
- Excellent analytic, communication, interpersonal, writing, collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing, and facilitation skills.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and tools.
- Experience in conducting a research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.