Deadline: 27 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel- National One Health Specialist in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 12 motnhs.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel- National One Health Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Advocate for results of National Bridging Workshop (NBW) and coordination of new NBWs in Uganda.
- Ensure that a regular dialogue is maintained between the sectors to catalyse the implementation of joint activities listed in the NBW roadmap.
- Coordinate and lead workshops to foster the development and implementation of joint national roadmaps to strengthen legislative and policy frameworks at the human-animal interface in Uganda.
- Contribute to the annual programme review of measurable outcomes, recommendations, and follow-on activities to address ongoing and future capacity needs.
- Provide inputs to the standardized methodology for sub-national NBWs to be implemented at the regional/provincial level in Uganda.
- Organize a meeting with relevant national stakeholders to evaluate the results of the survey, produce a final report and make recommendations to inform decision-making and best practices.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in veterinary or biological sciences and relevant post-graduate training or experience in epidemiology, public health, risk assessment or in a discipline relevant to the management.
- At least 5 year’s proven experience in the management and implementation of One Health related projects with multidisciplinary teams from animal and public health sectors.
- Excellent English, written and oral communication skills.
- Working Knowledge of either French or Spanish would be of added advantage.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.