Deadline: 19 November 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy and Advocacy Coordinator- Lego PlayMatters Project in Kampala, Uganda.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Policy and Advocacy Coordinator- Lego PlayMatters Project t will perform the following functions:
- Ensure inclusion of ECD/ PlayMatters initiatives into existing government-led coordination mechanisms and relevant education sector departments.
- Ensure inclusion of Plan International Uganda’s Early Childhood Development and PlayMatters initiatives into existing government-led coordination mechanisms and relevant education sector departments.
- Identify entry points and support Plan International Uganda’s engagement with PlayMatters Consortium partners and the respective subsectors in the Ministry of Education and Sports and District Local Governments.
- Representation of the mandate of the ERP/PlayMatters in key strategic platforms to ensure accurate information dissemination and learning exchange.
- Representation of the mandate of Plan International Uganda and PlayMatters in key strategic platforms to ensure accurate information dissemination and learning exchange.
- Support advocacy for Early Childhood Development and Learning through Play in Refugees and host communities in ECCE and other relevant sector policy implementation and prioritization.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Law, Human Rights, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least 3 year’s experience in policy and Advocacy work for education programs in a reputable organization and in both development and humanitarian contexts.
- Demonstrate understanding of environment and current effective practices of Education especially Early Childhood Development in Uganda, including existing networks, CSOs and government stakeholders.
- Demonstrate understanding of gender transformative programming and relevant approaches
- Strong verbal communication skills, including networking, negotiating ability and influencing others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.