Deadline: 29 October 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Area Accountant in Kamuli, Uganda.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Area Accountant will perform the following functions:
- Cash Management & Disbursement
- Review Petty cash replenishment vouchers and carry out surprise petty cash count on a regular basis as per Plan Uganda’s financial guidelines.
- Reporting & internal controls
- Prepare financial reports (BVA, target balance, partner advances, and cost recovery for PU shared costs).
- Prepare Bank reconciliations statements as per the format.
- Advance management
- Create internal orders for partner advances.
- Provide financial trainings to CMP groups and partners as and when required to do so.
- Budget management
- Prepare annual program area operations budget.
- Consolidate and regularly update program area annual budget.
- Human Resource Supervision and Administration
- Supervise, coach and train subordinate staffs in Plan’s systems, procedures and policies.
- Appraise and evaluate employee performance as per the performance cycle.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accounting part professional qualification in accountancy (CPA, ACCA) at intermediate or affiliate level.
- Minimum 3 year’s working experience as an Accountant in a busy organization and at a responsible supervisory level is essential.
- NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Computer literate with ability to work with spreadsheet and accounting software packages.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.