Deadline: 10 October 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Moroto, Uganda. The duration of this post is 9 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist the Programme Officer/Field Coordinator in the implementation of field activities in Desert Locust affected and threatened communities that cut across humanitarian and development assistance, which may include but are not limited to community mobilization, beneficiary registration, training of beneficiaries, input distribution and participate in monitoring and verification exercises to validate service delivery progress and completion.
- Support FAO-led preparation, finalization and implementation of activity work plans, monitoring and other implementation tasks, ensuring that the necessary synergy is built with other ongoing initiatives in the districts.
- Liaise with the Service Provider and District extension agents, in coordination with the FAO project team, to prepare the appropriate training content and any other necessary backstopping requirements and ensuring that beneficiaries are trained and are able to apply the recommended agronomic, soil and water conservation management practices.
- Provide efficient communication with suppliers and service providers on receipt, storage and distribution of FAO inputs and assets at the field-level under the coordination of the Programme Officer/Field Coordinator.
- Monitor day-to-day implementation by FAO service providers in Karamoja sub-region in Eastern Uganda, including suppliers and implementing partners, with the provision of continuous feedback on Service Providers’ performance to the Programme Officer/Field Coordinator.
- Provide routine updates to FAO’s Programme Officer/Field Coordinator on implementation progress, ensuring that all activities on the ground are technically sound and meet expectations of government, donors and the communities served.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, rural development, programme management or related fields.
- 3 year’s programme/project experience in programme implementation.
- Experience in agricultural livelihoods programming in humanitarian and development context, preferably in a humanitarian response.
- Experience in community mobilization and awareness raising.
- Experience in partnership building in providing support to local government and civil society structures.
- Experience with activity and routine performance reporting.
- Knowledge of Ng’karimojong.
- Fluency in English.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.