Deadline: 2 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Agroforestry Specialist in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Agroforestry Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide advice on what agroforestry practices are the most resilient to climate change depending on the local context in the target project districts.
- Provide advice on quality tree planting material for farmers.
- Train and advice project beneficiaries (farmers, communities) on tree planting, bio-energy plantation establishment and maintenance operations.
- Support overall planning to ensure implantation of activities related to bio-energy plantations and agroforestry (selection of beneficiaries, procurement of inputs) are timely initiated and effectively delivered to project beneficiaries within the project cycle.
- Provide support in the development of the Agro-Pastoral (AP) /Farmer Field School (FFS) trainings to ensure that proper agro-forestry practices are included in AP/FFS trainings.
- Work with the District Natural Resources and Environment Officers to identify sites where the project can undertake agroforestry activities.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Agroforestry, Forestry or related area
- At least 3 year’s relevant experience in Agro-forestry, Bio-energy plantations, Forestry plantations, Climate Smart Agriculture or related fields.
- At least 5 year’s working with District Forestry services and other stakeholders in the forestry sector.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.