Deadline: 18 June 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Internal Auditor in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 2+ years.
The Senior Internal Auditor will provide Technical reviews of audit documentation including reports and perform managerial duties as delegated or in absence of the Audit Manager.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Internal Auditor will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that the Annual Planning process is completed as directed by the Audit Manager.
- Lead risk-based integrated audits in accordance with stipulated auditing standards (IIA, WV GIA) as will be planned at the start of each FY and assigned by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Take lead in the review, assessment and analysis of data obtained for evidence of high risk deficiencies in internal control, duplication of efforts, extravagance, fraud and non-compliance with country laws, government regulations and management policies and procedures.
- Engage in special assignments (international assignments, investigations, reviews etc).
- Represent the Audit Manager in quarterly WVU Board Audit Committee Meetings, as and when required.
- Supervises and review the work of the Internal Auditors as assigned by the Audit Manager from time to time.
- Consult and advise the Audit Manager on any technical and/or administrative areas encountered within the team, for timely strategic support, guidance and decision making.
- Provide capacity building to WVU Management regarding risk management and risk-based integrated audit approach, during field work, and at designated training forums planned by WVU Management.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance.
- Master Degree in Accounting or Management is preferred.
- Qualified CPA or ACCA with an up-to-date membership status.
- Professional memberships in any of the following CIA/CISA/CFE.
- 5 years prior auditing experience in a recognized organization.
- Experience in public accounting and/or working in a non-governmental organization.
- Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems (e.g. Sun System) would be an added advantage.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.