Deadline: 18 June 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Protection Assistant in Lira, Uganda. The duration of this post is 2+ years.
The Social Protection Assistant will support facilitation of the implementation of the End Child Marriage Campaign Project, at the community and sub county levels, while ensuring linkages to district and national level interventions.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Protection Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support the development and implementation of operational work plans and budgets for implementation within the targeted sub counties.
- Mobilize children, communities and other key stakeholders for awareness raising/action on issues of ending child marriages and others forms of child sexual abuse.
- Assist in conducting sub county level stakeholder mapping and analysis of “end child marriage” actors to inform building of partnerships, networks and collaborations for effective joint mobilization, awareness raising and social accountability.
- Facilitate advocacy/campaigning capacity needs assessment of community structures and partners to inform the development and execution of a comprehensive sub county level capacity building programs.
- Carry out regular field monitoring, to collect data on progress against the set indicators and compile regular, quality and timely reports.
- Facilitate effective and efficient utilization, as well as accountability of project finances and assets, as per the existing WVU policies and procedures.
- Contribute to resource mobilization for project activities by documenting fundable into concepts for sharing with the Project Manager.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in development discipline, postgraduate training in related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of field experience in advocacy Campaign coordination and Behavior Change Communication.
- Strong mobilization, advocacy and communication skills, facilitation and materials development for child protection.
- Strong collaboration and networking skills.
- Strong coordination and team building skills.
- Good writing and documentation skills.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.