Deadline: 5 February 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Forestry Program Specialist in Kiev, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Forestry Program Specialist will perform the following function
- Monitor and support the development and implementation of the national forestry strategy and the action plan in close coordination with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources, the State Forestry Agency, the EU project team and other national and international partners.
- Support the development of e-tracking system in close coordination with the State Forestry Agency, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources and the Ministry of Digitization.
- Support the development and implementation of Multipurpose Forest Management Plan (MPFMP) and forestry-based value chains, in close coordination with the State Forestry Agency, FAO project value chain development team and the local partners.
- When necessary, undertake the field missions to monitor project implementation and to provide feedbacks to the project works.
- Prepare and submit appraisals and minutes on outcomes of relevant consultations and discussions at the national level to the direct supervisor, in particular in conjunction with all multilateral and bilateral meetings facilitated by FAO-UA, with suggested recommendations, where relevant, for strengthening the alignment of FAO on forestry with the European Union support projects and other partners’ work.
- Support the FAO procurement and human resources teams regarding the recruitment of national consultants, drafting ToRs etc.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in natural resources, forestry, environmental sciences or relevant fields.
At least 5 year’s experience in project management, implementation and monitoring.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.